Monday 25 October 2010

Occasion cakes


A very hectic past fortnight for me but a very enjoyable one as it involved me making three cakes!! :-)

The first one being the cake above. It was nearing the time of my dear friends birthday and I knew she lurved marzipan. I needed the cake to be just as sophisticated as my friends! ;-) Thats when I thought about doing this chic monochrome cake as I was sure it would be loved by all who were gonna be at the get-together. I wasn't wrong.....


It was a deeelicious 3-layer vanilla sponge filled with strawberry jam and vanilla buttercream, covered with marzipan and fondant. Made with love and loved by all..... x

And then in the space of 3 weeks, I made "Chocolate obsession" three times. I totally enjoyed making it even if it is time-consuming. I like to think of it as a labour of love! Only type of labour work to do, me thinks ;-)




They're all slightly different from each other and that is why they are exclusive. The first one is surrounded with tempered dark chocolate panels and chocolate strawberries. The second cake is tempered milk chocolate panels with chocolate strawberries, handmade chocolates and a chocolate stiletto in the centre. And the last one is same as the above ones but with a good sprinking of chocolate balls.

They are all made of a very chocolatey chocolate cake, filled with either mascarpone cream and chopped strawberries, or chocolate ganache. Varieties are endless and depends on the recipient.

Take care xx

No comments:

Post a Comment